How Canon & 7Communications Agency Leveraged Limelight To Launch The New EOS Camera System in Canada
View the full article here.
In the fall of 2020, the EOS R Systems Road Trip traveled across Canada in an effort to bring the all-new EOS R5 & R6 to consumers and brand enthusiasts across the country. Road trip participants were provided with various multiple shooting environments to choose from, allowing them to own their test drive experience with the EOS R5 or R6, by capturing personalized content in a safe, self-automated format.
The EOS R Systems Road Trip ran from September 10th until October 10th and made its way to four provinces across Canada: Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, and British Columbia. All reservation fees collected were 100% donated to the Magenta Foundation which is dedicated to supporting young artist who are emerging in their community.
Canon Canada was excited to connect with creators in art communities across the country but faced some challenges for this program execution due to COVID-19. With new measures in place, Canon had to overcome challenges to create a brand experience that was inspirational, sparked creativity yet adhered to strict safety standards. Other challenges to overcome included:
- Historically, having a low email invitation open rate – at 14% on average
- Requiring a customizable platform for the extensive registration and scheduling path
- Planning of the event during a global pandemic with little to no insights on how the program was going to be received
- Executing a short duration of the program activation and in market timeline (1-month)
- Low registration rates during initial provincial deployments
- Limited site optimization options available
Leveraging technology like Limelight Platform, Canon Canada made it easy and seamless for guests to register for the event, submit payment in the form of a donation to The Magenta Foundation, choose their photoshoot location, and preferred equipment as well as get up-to-date program information. This allowed their guests to have peace of mind that participating in the event would be safe. Other wins of the activation included:
- Managing inventory, capacity, and automated attendee waitlist functionalities within the booking process for a more user-friendly experience
- Secure payment processing
- Add to calendar functionality in confirmation and reminder emails
- Contactless check-in onsite with the use of QR codes displayed from the attendee device
- Effectively share the details of the programmed event without overwhelming the user
Despite the challenges Canon Canada and its AOR faced, their business and marketing objectives were achieved. Guest feedback was tremendous and many are looking forward to the next road trip in 2021.
- The program saw 5000 consumer engagements with an 88% show rate
- 28% of participants stating they were extremely likely to purchase the product
- Successfully executed 19 out of the 20 planned event dates
From live brand activations to online engagements, Limelight has you covered. Chat with us.
555 Richmond St W
Toronto, Ontario M5V 3B1